Over the semester you will complete a self-assessment (in Connect) that will give you some insight into your management style. The idea is that as you are working through the chapters you will pick up on key theories and tools that will help you to notice and build on your own preference of management interactions. Use the collection of surveys as a tool for reflection. Are you where you want to be? Why is the change needed or desired? Where would you like to see a change in your style? What will you do to get where you want to be?
I. Self-Assessment Survey’s included in Connect: (To be completed prior to writing reflection)
- Are you Introverted or Extroverted?
- How Much Does Work Define Your Self-Concept?
- Needs-Strength Questionnaire
- Team Role Preference Scale
- Are You An Active Listener?
- What’s Your Approach to Influencing Co-workers?
- What Is Your Preferred Conflict Handling Style?
- Does It All Make Sense?
- Do You Think Leaders Make A Difference?
- What Organizational Structure Do You Prefer?
II. After completing the survey’s above in Connect, you are ready to reflect on your results. Each survey will provide a score and information for analysis. After reading your score(s) and the guide to the results, write a reflective piece on each survey.
The reflective piece should:
- be in one complete Word .docx
- Include a title page: Your name, date, NVU, BUS3250, Self-Assessment Journal
- Use the survey titles (copy and paste the ones above) as headings for each section.
- Within each survey section answer these questions: (You may copy/paste these questions as subheadings under each heading.)
- What was the survey trying to define for you?
- What was your result score(s)?
- In your own words, what do the results tell you?
- Do you agree or disagree with these results? Please explain.
- Is this an area that you would like to improve in and if so, how can knowing these results help you to implement change?